The word chakra is Sanskrit for 'wheel' or 'disk' and signifies one of seven basic energy justifys in the body. Each of these justifys correlates to major nerves branching forth from the spinal column.
Chakras also correlate to levels of consciousness, archetypal elements, developmental stages of life, colors, sounds, body functions, and more.
- The Physical Body and The Muladhara or Base Chakra
- The Etheric Body and The Svadisthana or Sacral Chakra
- The Astral Body and The Manipura or Solar Chakra
- The Mental Body and The Anahata or Heart Chakra
- The Spiritual Body and The Visuddha or Throat Chakra
- The Cosmic Body and The Ajna or Third Eye Chakra
- The Nirvanic Body and The Sahasrara or Crown Chakra